Sunday, February 20, 2011

My 25 of January

It was a bright sunny day. The clouds were nicely scattered on the sky with a little sign of rainfall. But it wasn't much of a threat to the people, especially to the Biguenos. It's their fiesta after all.

It was the 25th of January. We've got no classes that day but still went to school for the grand parade. Yes, a grand parade, as how they call it. Up until now, I still don't get the point why we do such a tiring thing. No profit, just a loss of effort. We, CAT officers together with the band and some teachers, gathered at school as early as 7 in the morning. We then marched to the plaza and joined the assembling crowd of students, teachers, organizers, watchers and tourists. And what a bore! we stood there for almost an hour doing nothing, under the blazing hot sun. A bit more and I could have bitten the heed of water. Good thing I was able to resist myself from doing so until the start of our turn to march.

At the streets, everyone was looking at us. I was laughing inside when I saw kids at the banks voice out our command "kaliwa, kaliwa, kaliwa, kanan, kaliwa" while marching on their own. They're kids anyway. Believe it or not, even the adults did some mimicking.

It was definitely a stressful activity. But at least, it was a fun walking, I mean marching on the streets of Vigan in fatigue uniform. And the best thing that happened was when Sir Rabaca praised us for having the best performance of all the attendees.

That ended the day. It was a tiring yet one of a kind experience. Many events took place after the grand parade, but I went home after that for my feet were screaming pain. I wish that for the next 25 of January, I'll be able to enjoy myself to the fullest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home